Monday 12 December 2016

The Memory Nest - Make It Monday #78

The last 2016 sketch challenge at The Memory Nest begins today and it's a chance to use more than one photo on a page.

http://thememorynest.blogspot.com/2016/11/make-it-monday-no-78.html

I always include a a page about Autumn colours in my yearly album - I think, no I know, Autumn is my favourite season.


I started my page by cutting the triangular element from the sketch and stamping leaves all over it in Autumn colours and attached it to the background solid paper. Then I matted my photos and adhered them on top.


I added some stickers that I've had in my stash for ever and finally remembered to use and popped the title along the slant of the stamped panel. The finishing touch was to splatter inks in a diagonal from top left to bottom right - maybe gives a sense of the leaves moving.


Supplies:
stamps: Uniko, Nature's Treasures II
Inks: Kaleidacolor, creole spice; Ranger distress, brushed corduroy; Mister Huey's Color Mists, dark calico, sunshine
Alphas: Dear Lizzy thickers; Simple Stories, So Rad
Stickers: AC, remarks accents & phrases book
Embellishments: Freckled Fawn, enamel dew drops

It seems strange to see these Autumn colours on my screen now that everything is all Christmassy, but that's the nature of scrapbooking, got to live it before you can scrap it!

Do go over to The Memory Nest to be inspired by the rest of the DT's interpretation of this sketch and then I hope to see your pages - or cards - in the gallery.

Thanks for your time today, I really appreciate your visit. And I'm sending Christmas sparkle!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful photos and layout! I love the warm colors and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.