Sunday 11 December 2016

Let's December Daily - Days 6-9



Today at Let's December Daily I'm sharing my pages for days 6 to 9. Here's a little taster of what's there:
 Day 6

Want to find out what the story is? Scroll on down and let me explain!

 Day 7

Day 8
 Day 9


Day 6 - the story!

Well the plan was to put up all the outside decorations on the 5th - but that didn't happen! Instead we spent the afternoon in A&E keeping my son and grandson company. He'd (grandson) had a bit of a mishap on a slide on the 4th and couldn't put his left foot down. Turns out there was a fracture.

Too dark by the time we got home and I was going on a shopping trip with a friend on the 6th, then child minding duties for the following three days - it was looking like bad news for the decorations. So I got up extra early on the 6th to sort them out before I had to leave for the train. And boy was it damp, foggy and cold that early in the morning, my fingers were completely numb by the time I'd finished.

And in case you're wondering why my husband didn't do them, he's still recovering from a back operation, but he did allow me to lean on him as I tottered up the step ladder! A glass of wine was very much appreciated at lunch time!


The window display at John Lewis

Nottingham all dressed up for Christmas

Possibly the tallest tree I've ever seen at the outdoor ice rink - and no I didn't skate!

Thanks for visiting my blog today, I hope you'll find time to pop over to Let's December Daily too.

And I'm sending you Christmas sparkle!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. your poor boy....& poor you... throwing your schedule out like that! Anyways, long as he'll be OK & obv you got yourself sorted....LOVE those pics of your local area. SOOO pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read what you have to say, huge thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.